Wednesday, July 04, 2007

I shamelessly danced like Edie Brickell

My inbox is full, and I'm thrilled. Thank you so much to everyone who has responded to the call for support. Whymommy's wall is wide and tall and strong, and it's not just because of Mamma's ass. It is because of each and every one of you. If you have posted or added the button and you don't see your name on the roll call over to the right, please let me know. I don't want to leave anyone out - I want Whymommy to know about each and every one of you.

In the meantime, two bloggers who I have obviously famboozled, have awarded me with the Rocking Girl Blogger Award. Kami over at The Kelson Krew and Unplug Your Kids have both bestowed the coveted pink button upon me and my little space here. To both fine ladies, I say thank you so very much.


The funny thing to me is, that in another life, not so long ago, I was actually a girl rocker. My Fender Rhodes, my pink paisley Stratocaster, and all of my angst, were on display at all the local clubs around midnight on any given weekend. Now, I put my angst here, have traded my rock instruments for a grand piano, and I play new age music for a crowd that gives you peanut brittle and asks for your autograph. And yes, Bach, the audience is mostly old people! Like 50 and older!

I couldn't be happier.

That's the thing. When you are rockin', you are in a groove. The music is flowing, you are in sync with the crowd, and you are in sync with your band. Every sense is involved, sight, hearing, smell, touch, taste, and you are in tune with your world.

I would say, that's right about where I am now. In my world, there are people who love me, and there are people I love. There is work that I love doing, and there are people with whom I love working. There is a heartbeat for our little bird. There is an extreme amount of happiness in my life, and for that, I am grateful. And there is not a soul who knows us who can deny that Guy and I are in sync.

In this kind of groove, there isn't much that can phase me.

And now for the fun part. This is my favorite kind of award. The kind that gets passed on to the recipient's picks. My picks are:

Mamma Loves because she rocks it even in a port-a-potty. Quite literally.

Miss Zoot because she quite clearly rocks. To the point where I wonder if people just assume that we all know that, and so they skip awarding her anything.

Karaoke Diva because she rocks out a blog title that is a song lyric every time. It amazes me. Plus, her tag line is "My life is so perfect, I crap sunshine and kittens." I laugh every time.