Thursday, September 06, 2007

Ears wide open

Edited below

As you can see, I've been busy tidying up the place today. Whymommy emailed me to let me know the crash and burn that was the loading of my blog. As much as I love the pink and green flowers by Zoot, I decided to ditch them and see if things started loading better. I think I had just tinkered with her perfectly good template way too much. Always feel free to let me know if the blog is loading like a tractor pulling pigs through the mud.

I have no idea what that meant.

Anyway, that's left me with an unfinished post and too much to say this late at night. Luckily, Kami tagged me for the 7 things I'm listening to meme. It's been a long time since I've done a meme, and I'm always hip to talk about music.

The only problem is that she said, "besides Crowded House," and that limits it greatly this week.

1. Wilco. The newest. Love it.
2. Some Irish chick that The Dude gave me. I'll have to pop it out of the player in the Jeep and find out what her name is because it's a lovely disk.
3. Really bad Bach. Almost everyday. It's going to get better, but GAH! I really hate listening to Bach before people know how to play it. That is possibly also why I hate to learn it myself.
4. Liam Finn. There's a review in the works of this amazing guy. So incredibly good.
5. Guy playing classical guitar. More specifically Carcassi. It's also lovely.
6. The Dude's song about Raleigh. We love you Raleigh. We have to sing it next week, and I've got to learn it. Make up harmony and stuff. So I've listened to that a lot. Our trees are grand.
7. Students' compositions. It the year of the waltz. I love it when they write.

Alright, so it's not exactly a traditional list, but that's it. What I've been listening to lately. Can I tag Molly? Are you up to play a little?

The Irish chick's name is Cara Best. And if you want the name of The Dude, email me and I'll send it to you.