Monday, December 31, 2007

Recap for me

Feeling like I need to wrap up 2007 here. Since I tend to go back and read posts from a year ago, I'm reminded that the reason I started writing here anyway was for myself. So for me, I present 2007 in a brief review.

January and February were tough. Tougher than I thought I could withstand. We had lost the baby. Guy was getting laid off from work. I sank.

Those same months, I learned what it meant to have someone support me. I learned what it felt like to be taken care of by someone else other than myself. I couldn't do it on my own anymore, and Guy was there to carry me. He got me help. He celebrated with me when there started to be more good days that bad days.

March and April played a waiting game. Guy and I spent everyday together. Getting laid off has its perks. Bonus snuggle time. He searched for a job. Scratch that. He searched for the right job, and we waited patiently (most of the time) for him to find it. There was a trip to D.C. to see Whymommy and take Lovely on a tour of the nation's capital.

May sent Guy and I to the mountains. Back where we honeymooned and to the place where Bird most likely became a reality. His 43rd birthday was celebrated with an HPT and a fudgy the whale cake.

June and July brought the end of our laid off bliss. Before work kicked in though, we traveled to see The Police. We worked hard to finish the house before he started his new job, but it didn't happen. He had to start with our kitchen still gutted and floors still undone. Frankly, I think that was the most stressful time.

I was validated in my trust of him though. He pulled through and found a job that while paying less than his previous job, provides him with opportunities that he would never have had otherwise. Opportunities for him careerwise, and opportunities for him to really help people. To do things that will change lives.

June also brought Susan's diagnosis.

August and September found me in a very empty and quiet house. With Guy back at work for longer hours than ever, it was just me and the pups for a lot of the time. We did take an amazing trip to Portland to see Tattoo Dave and Crowded House.

October brought Momma out of remission. She and Daddy came for a visit and we got to go and see Bird in 3D. Guy and I joined a church that we both like.

November started off with a surprise shower for Bird. A celebration for him put together by women from all over the country. Amazing women. Momma started her chemotherapy again, and Sil gave birth to another beautiful little girl. I now have 3 nieces and 2 nephews who are all awesome. Momma and I had purchased a sewing machine while she was here, and I started learning how to sew. Thanksgiving came, trees were put up, and things started getting really busy.

December found us taking our baby classes. We tried hard to wrap up the final renovations on the house. Bird's room got a new floor and we finished his furniture and such. I baked everyday and sewed every other day. We added a new pup to our family and he has adjusted quite well, excepting the separation anxiety. Guy gave me a new kickass mixer for Christmas along with some of my favorite smelly things. We found a doula, and we feel ready for the baby to come.

Happy 2008. I'm looking forward to the changes that are coming. Our family is growing. It's going to be a wild ride.