Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Honest crap. I mean, scrap.

Another thing I have time for in the month of blog everyday is award memes. I had stopped doing them not because I'm completely ungrateful, but because I had become a lazy, time restricted blogger. I should have taken up Stimey's lead and just made up my own catch all award and written something funny and self deprecating, but I was too lazy to even do that.

Never fear, though, blog everyday this month, month, is here.

My across the street neighbor is also a blogger. When Kevin and I were thinking of moving, I tried really hard not to get to know her because I knew I was going to like her so much, and it would suck moving away. Ha ha on me - we got to stay put, meaning I wasted a bunch of time not hanging out with her and becoming cooler via osmosis.

She graciously bestowed upon me the Honest Scrap award. Instead of being an ungracious slob, I'm supposed to do these things:

1) Say thanks and give a link to the presenter of the award.
Thanks, Cyndi! I'm hoping lots of people (you know, all 13 who read this) go on over and pay you a well deserved visit. they will be glad they did.

2) Share "10 Honest Things" about myself.
I'll get to that in a minute.

3) Present this award to 7 others whose blogs I find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged me. That's hard, because I'm going to leave someone out which is another reason I have been slack on responding. Guilt. But here goes:

  • Fertile Mertile ~ She's BAAAAAACK!
  • Stimey ~ Because she's the most hilarious ever, I love her, and I could possibly receive one of her handmade buttons about not posting buttons.
  • Abby ~ For giving me things to do with my toddler and being a great friend.
  • JC and Tara ~ my preggo buddies
  • Momma ~ Why not? She's my momma, and my momma rocks.
  • Amo ~ Because she's the world's greatest commenter and has an adorable kiddo. Go see.
4) Tell those 7 people they've been awarded HONEST SCRAP and inform them of these guidelines in receiving. I hope they are checking their stats for links, because I'm not sure I have the stamina to do much more. Again with the lazy.

Alrighty then. Ten honest things. As if I haven't spilled enough into this space over the past three years as it is. I'll try not to repeat myself, but remember, you're getting what you pay for.
  1. The construction at my home is driving me batshit crazy. I've tried not to let it, but as of today, I'm admitting defeat.
  2. Some days I let Little Bird watch a little more TV just because he's sitting with me on the couch in a perfect snuggle position.
  3. I don't like vegetables when I'm pregnant.
  4. I have drank more Diet Coke than I should have this pregnancy. Fountain ones from McDonald's. They are the best, you know.
  5. I'm almost 200 pounds and still have 10 weeks to go. Oy.
  6. I don't practice anymore. Or rarely.
  7. I hate musicals.
  8. Most of my dreams lately have had me starring in them as a tall, skinny, shiny haired brunette with much smaller boobs. Not hard to read into that one.
  9. Right now I'm glad this is my last pregnancy.
  10. I miss my Daddy. The way he used to be.
So there you have it. It's only day 10 too. Aren't you loving the month of November?