Tuesday, July 20, 2010

BlogHer Voices of the Year

In a couple of weeks, a few thousand million women will gather in New York City for BlogHer 2010. I won't be one of them this year.

I was lucky enough to go in 2007 and in 2008, but last year I chose not to, in lieu of a vacation with my family It was one or the other, and it's not any shocker which one I chose.

When I survived last year without going, it got harder to justify going back this year. Tickets sold out quickly again, and I didn't even blink at them. Plus, I am in love with the Type A Mom Conference and am definitely going back to it this year. As should you. Yes, you. There might even be a few early-bird tickets left.

I figure a laid back blogger such as myself really doesn't need more than one conference.

Then I found out about the Nestle sponsorship of BlogHer this year, and I was really glad that I wasn't going. I'm not too keen on them, and I was relieved not to be attending something where their presence was not only welcome, but where they would be paying to try and win people over to their brands.

HOWEVER.

My BFF and person I said I love most who isn't a family member IS going, and dadgummit if she isn't going to rock the whole conference. Especially the part where she raises her voice, reads her words, and wins the hearts of everyone in that room.

She has been chosen from 1000 entries as one of the BlogHer Voices of the Year. Wow.

I am SO proud of you, Susan, and I really wish I was going to be there in person to hear you, support you, and cheer for you. You are probably glad I won't be there though, because I would be the one doing the loud-ugly-sob-cry-of-pride the whole time you were trying to read. So I'll stay here and cheer for you from afar. You're welcome.