Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Day 17 - A book you’ve read that changed your views on something - 30 days of truth

If only I had read this one a little sooner. Christopher's birth story could have been so very different.


I had never considered midwives, birth centers, home births, or intervention free birth. I didn't know these things existed in real life. I thought in theory that they were good ideas, but I wasn't sure they really happened.


Then I read Ina May's Guide to Childbirth. It totally changed my perspective, just not in time for me to make the leap for my first birth. It's inspirational, encouraging, and is a great read for any expecting mama. It changed the way I thought about birth and the possibilities of labor and delivery. 


Also, Knuffle Bunny Too. I totally thought it was pronounced "nuffle," and it rocked my world when Trixie pronounced it "KUH-nuffle." 


Deep.


This is part of the 30 Days of Truth series. You can find the entire list here.