Thursday, November 18, 2010

Day 18 - Your views on gay marriage - 30 days of truth

My momma is a Presbyterian minister. She went to a seminary where they believe that women shouldn't be ministers. Can you imagine that? This day and age, there are still people who believe that women shouldn't be ministers or leaders in the church.


I find that so strange.

It is so easy for me to see that these people have misinterpreted the Bible, or their translation of it, to warp women into subservient roles in religion.

My views on homosexuality are the same. 

And even if it had nothing to do with religion, I have to say that the whole idea that we can tell certain members of our society that they can't get married just because they are the same gender? Baffles me.

Granted, this is not an invitation to explain it to me. I'm quite sure I've heard your arguments before. I'm just saying they sound like this to me, "Blah blah blah, different, blah, blah, blah, scared, blah, blah."

No disrespect meant. I mean that.